Sunday, May 20, 2012

5. "If It Was Easy Everybody Would Be Doing It"- My Dad


           One September evening a friend gave me a call. She was in some distress about her personal relationships and life path as well. Being taught that giving readings to those closest to you is the most difficult, due to human ego jumping with its own opinions and judgement, I had always been turned off the idea of giving a friend a intuitive reading. However, we had been out of communication for some time and that evening, my guides told me, "Offer to give her a reading." I was nervous to even ask since it was my first time giving  a reading in a non-workshop environment and first time I'd be doing it over the phone!By the powers of the universe, she gladly accepted and we were both were blown away!

         Later that evening, I was so tired, but also so happy that the reading went well. I told my boyfriend how great everything went. He said to me, " Hun, you just need start a practice, get off the fence, stop worrying, I'll help you build a website and do all the technology technical stuff  for you, you have a gift, USE IT!" His words stuck with me. (This is coming from the man who doesn't "buy into" this metaphysical stuff). 
 As I fell asleep that night, I accepted and readily acknowledged that I loved the gifts I had been given from the Universe/God, to help others heal. 

         But like so many of us here on the earth plane even though I heard the message loud and clear from the universe, the Ego loves to play those funny mind games, so I resigned myself to STILL  having no clue as to how I would get my practice going! 
Like the average U.S. Citizen,  I consulted my power animal guide to help me manifest the resources and basics of a successful practice. My guide lead me to Rabbit. Rabbit stands for fertility, of course I wasn't trying to have a baby, but as I've told many people, "My practice is my baby, I'm in no rush for it to grow overnight." And I've often viewed the beginnings of my practice as planting seeds that would soon grow, but I simply was lacking the soil to plant seeds in, Rabbit was there to step in.  Following Rabbit's instructions, I "burrowed" daily in my bed, between pillows and blankets, during my "unemployment" stint. During the afternoons I would go hop in the woods by myself. ( I only did it once!) 
 My mother would come upstairs and ask me if I was sick , which I would reply, " No, Burrowing." My mother readily accepted my eccentricity growing up, so she realized I was just being weird, and left me to it. 


A few weeks later, I stopped into my chiropractor's office to ask her receptionist, about recommendations for colonics, she referred me to Melissa at Vital Mind Body Therapies. On my second visit, Melissa and I  began chit-chatting, it somehow came up that we were both interested in the metaphysical. After telling her my interest in psychic stuff and Reiki, she replied, "You know we have a room that you could sublet here." The clouds parted, it was as if she and I were meant to have that conversation, weird considering she barely knew me then! With Melissa and my Dad's help, I got the ball rolling to get an actually "practice" going.   




In the words of my father, "It wasn't easy, but if it was, everybody would be doing it." 

There was a lot of red tape from the City to allow me to practice energy healing and hypnosis. As I stepped up the counter of the permit center I was asked questions that I never even knew mattered, "Are you serving food?" "Are you giving Massage?" "Do you need a health permit to do Reiki?" "We need proof that you don't require a license from the state to practice Reiki or Hypnosis." At this point in time, there was no "proof" from ANYWHERE about needing a license. I called every department in Richmond- Nurses, Yoga, Psychiatrist, you name it, I called it.  
I even called well-known head honcho Hypnosis guilds and international Reiki associations, No one had answers for me, nor was willing to give written proof, which is what the city business licensing department required for me to get the show on the road with my practice. Needless to say, to became very frustrating and even angered me! I despaired for about a day, but then I picked my head up and realized, "Wait a second, God and my Angels wouldn't put me through all of this, to see me fail, everything will work out." 
Realizing I missed one department, the Business Inquiry Department. I shot them an e-mail and I received a reply from a woman whose last name was McDonough (NO RELATION! Just the Universe at work in life!) She enthusiastically informed me that, "No there was no license required to do Reiki or Hypnosis in the state of Virginia," And that her e-mail could be my written proof! I received my business license two months later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment